Forget the dreaded January blues and any crazy talk of detoxing, SHUUSH is a brand new night for 2013, launching at Lightbox on Saturday 12th. Kicking off as we mean to go on, with a tantalising trio of international deep … Continue reading →
- 19th May 2013Dawn is London’s newest afterhours movement - An early morning gathering place for devoted music lovers that are not ready to call the night to an end. The place that is still going strong and the atmosphere buzzing, feeding revellers the natural energy they need enjoy the final hours of the weekend's partying. A time for world class DJs to unwind and play the more exciting, diverse sets they wouldn't have the opportunity to play the night before.
- 26th May 2013Dawn is London’s newest afterhours movement - An early morning gathering place for devoted music lovers that are not ready to call the night to an end. The place that is still going strong and the atmosphere buzzing, feeding revellers the natural energy they need enjoy the final hours of the weekend's partying. A time for world class DJs to unwind and play the more exciting, diverse sets they wouldn't have the opportunity to play the night before.
- 27th May 2013The only place to be when you shouldn't!
- 1st June 2013OutOut present Coat of Arms, Dale Howard, Leftwing & Kody and Martin Ikin. Room 2 Hosted by Kommon Knowledge. The Line up... Our aim as always is to bring a selection of not just well known but also up & coming house DJ's/Artists and place them all under one roof to give you an unforgetable sound... COAT OF ARMS Coat Of Arms music has a love of big bass, melodic chords and slick beats and has created a soundclash with more fight than the Battle Of Hastings! Weaving varying styles together has seen this sound become one of masterful proportions and looks set to take this project into unknown realms of possibility. The support for this alias has come from every angle with plays on Radio 1 from Jaymo & Andy George to big ups and features inside UK Magazines. "Is This Something" the debut record was put at position number 3 in Mixmag's Top 10 Feature for August 2011. Get Physical's Heidi has bigged up COA in her Dj Mag Column For September. Jamie Jones has featured "Is This Something" in his Live Essential Mix from Ibiza On Radio 1 this summer aswell as his debut Fabric CD Mix. Its easy to see why this artist is starting to become hot property. Support has already come in the form of the mighty Pete Tong, Jamie Jones, Claude Vonstroke, Justin Martin, Heidi, Jet Project, J Phlip, Worthy, Catz n Dogz, Julio Bashmore, Jaymo & Andy George, Teki Latex (Sound Pellegrino), Jamie Anderson, Marcin Czubala, Deepgroove, Idiotproof, Richy Ahmed and many others and with releases on Pets Recordings & Futureboogie, plus records lined up for Leftroom & Culprit the future looks rosy. LEFTWING & KODY Leftwing & Kody grab a sound from the past and bring it right up to date with their own stylistic flourishes. Drawing influences from UK garage labels like Nice n Ripe, Swing City and 500 Rekords, their jacking grooves, swinging hats, hooky, low slung synths and monstrous basslines have been bringing heat to knowing dance floors all over the country for the last 6 months. The duo that released the Bump & Flex EP (one of OFF Recording’s most successful releases in 2012) and the Get Down EP (supported by the likes of Groove Armada, James Zabiela, Bicep, Dusky & Shadow Child) is sure to follow up their breakthrough year in style during 2013, with a remix coming out on NM2 (Noir Music) in January and the much anticipated OFF Recordings follow-up EP ready to land in February. Of course, 2012 ended on a high with another remix for ALiVE and has thoroughly marked out Leftwing & Kody. The sets the duo energetically spin are made up of lots of their own edits and originals, helping to mark out their sounds from the crowd and plotting a cultured line between house, garage and more. DALE HOWARD Dale Howard is a name that has become synonymous with top quality House music. After initial success with a number 2 and 3 in Beatport’s Deep House chart, as well as many top 50's, Dale took time off to refine his sound. Now he is back in full force with an instantly recognisable style and has released music on some of the world’s most respected House labels like Morris Audio, Noir and OFF to name a few. 2012 brought much success and high acclaim for Dale, with his productions gaining huge support from artists like DJ Sneak, Luciano, Reboot, Dyed Soundorom, Steve Lawler, Dubfire, Magda, M.A.N.D.Y, Homework, Huxley, Jordan Peak, Dusky, Robert Owens, Michelle Owen and loads more, as well as even more releases scheduled with world renowned record labels. THE REST As well as our headliners playing for you on the night are, Jack Dee & Jack Walpole, John Mills & Paul Holmes, 4 Beat Club, Luvlee, Paul Holmes, John Mills, Teekay and Jafabe We are also very excited to announce Kommon Knowledge will be hosting room 2, you may or may not of herd of them yet but if you have not watch this space... you herd it from us first!!! THE VENUE As well as the line up the the venue is equally as important, the main room (Lightbox) has an amazing lighting system unlike anywhere else in London and on top of this they will also be providing us with Co2 water cannons to regularly spray you with a cold mist. They also have a fully functional aircon system.(apologies if you were at our last event as we had some tech issues with the aircon, these have since been fixed) As well as the main room there will also be a second room which is known as "Protocol" which will be show casing some of London's hottest up and coming Artists... Also there is a massive outdoor area where you can smoke, chat & recover etc; Security are there for your benefit and as always there is a strong presence, Drugs, Snapbacks, Foot Shuffiling & general bad attitudes are not and will not be tolerated. Guestlist available via email only, email@example.com See you there...
- 8th June 2013Partisans... It's time for our second London event of the year! On Saturday 8th June we will once again be taking over one of our favourite haunts - The Lightbox in Vauxhall. Complete with an ultra stella line up. Heading up the proceedings will be none other than Germany's AGENT! Having rocked floors across the globe from Tokyo's Womb, Cocoon club Frankfurt and our very own Fabric, Agent! has released music on labels such as Cocoon, Moon Harbour, Brise and Desolat. We can't wait for him to bring his blend of house & techno to Republic for the first time! Taking over the Temple room for their release party will be UK House label Wasabi Generals. Heading the bill will be Norway's Thomas Nellson, whose e.p Waves of Lofoten is due for release on the 3rd June and Pragues Lucas Hulan. Support is provided by Wasabi Generals artists. This will also be the official after party for Republic Artists boat party - http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?473501. Expect a full dance floor from the very early hours, some of the finest house & techno alive, along with an incredible atmosphere that will keep the club dancing till dawn!